Friday 25 March 2016

Shane Watson to retire from international cricket


Shane Watson,  the former Australia captain has announced on Thursday (March 24) that he will retire from international cricket after the ongoing ICC WT20, 2016. Watson has represented Australia in 59 Tests, 190 One-Day Internationals and 56 Twenty-20 Internationals so far. 
Watson, 34, shared his decision to call it quits with teammates in Mohali, where Australia take on Pakistan in a World T20 group match on Friday, Cricket Australia said. Watson had quit Tests in 2015 after failing to make the squad for the Ashes. He has also failed to break into the ODI side since September, 2015.
"One morning I woke up in Dharamsala to the beautiful view and I don't know what it was exactly but I knew now was the right time. I've really enjoyed my time being back in the Australian squad. But it is quite different, none of the other guys I played with growing up are here any more. I've made the right decision. I couldn't really see the light with the all the injuries I had," Watson said.

No comments:

Post a Comment